Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Queens County Revisited: The 1970s (10)

Because the Playtex client had been pleased enough with my temp typing work so that my work assignment at Playtex lasted for more than a few weeks, the white woman temp agency counselor in her late 20s was not reluctant to send me out on a few more short temp typing job assignments, most of which I can no longer remember much about--except for the final temp job assignment, which only lasted for 3 days.

The 4-day Thanksgiving holiday break in this particular year arrived much earlier in November than in other years; and during the three weekdays before Thanksgiving, I was assigned to do temp typing work in some stock brokerage firm in a Wall Street area skyscraper office, whose name I no longer remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment